Our suggestions of “what to do while you are here” at The Alpine Lodge for the Autumn Season
1) Take a “leaf peeping’ drive through autumns brilliant colors as you follow the Hudson River north to The Adirondack Experience in Blue Mountain Lake. This museum overlooks a most spectacular view of Blue Mountain lake and the exhibits are both outside and inside so its nice on a sunny or a rainy day…the museum is on our “not to be missed” list.
2) Take a Gondola or High Speed Quad ride up Gore Mountain then hike down! Or try another of the many hikes in the area. A personal favorite is Crane Mountain- because of its spectacular view, but it also has a pond 2/3 of the way up- a fantastic destination itself. Beyond the pond is a steep climb up the summit. Treat yourself to a picnic lunch from Café Sarah or Izzy’s Deli to eat at the top!
3) Enjoy autumn’s splendor with a day trip to Lake Placid. Window shop down Main Street, stop for lunch at any number of great luncheon spots, go to the top of the ski jumps, take the lift up Whiteface or drive up Whiteface Memorial Highway, save room for a piece of pie at The Noonmark diner in Keene Valley on the way home…
4) Hope on the rails with Revolution Rail! These rail bikes have become one of the most popular tourist destination activities to hit North Creek, NY. You’re guided tour brings you over the trestle bridge on the Hudson River and through the woods, with captivating foliage and crispy fresh air. You also get 10% off your room rate when you book directly with us! (Must provide booking confirmation from Rev Rail)
5) Go rent a mountain bike at the Garnet Hill Lodge Outdoor Center and check out the trails. Make sure you relax and enjoy the view at the beach afterwards and a cold beer at the Pub. Make a plan to come back and cross-country ski these great trails in the winter.
6) Its especially spectacular in the fall to take a full day’s rafting trip down the mighty Hudson River. North Creek Rafting is right across the street from us, but all of the area Rafting Companies do an excellent job at providing you with an amazing day on the water. Not up for all that action? Try a tubing float trip on the Sacandaga River over in Lake Luzerne (west of Lake George) which run regularly. Beaver Brook provides tubes or you can rent a canoe or kayak for this shorter Hudson River trip.
7) Just take a drive… over to Brant Lake via Route 8 (make sure you go around the backside-Palisades Road) and drive over the mountain to Hague and back down Rt 9N to Bolton Landing. Stretch your legs and check out the nice shops or get a drink or dinner at any of the nice restaurants along Main Street in Bolton Landing- go sit at the park and enjoy the magnificent view of Lake George.
8) See for yourself what a strategic location Fort Ticonderoga was in the French and Indian war and what a magnificent view the soldiers had from the ramparts!
9) Go Golfing! There are numerous golf courses in the area that range from very “local” courses to the famed Donald Ross course at The Sagamore. Its great golfing in the fall- the weather is fantastic and the foliage is magnificent! Other options: Cronins, Green Mansions, 1000 Acres.
10) Get a massage and take a nap. Have a licensed massage therapist come right to your room, enjoy a massage followed by a nap. Spend the rest of the day having lunch, dinner, or libations at one of the many great options here in town. Check out our shopping here in town-Adirondack rustic furniture, housewares & gifts at Hudson River Trading Co. and a nice selection of collectibles/antiques at Foothills. Keep an eye out for the bald eagle often seen looping out over Main Street and the River!
Ready to plan your Adirondack fall getaway? Call (518) 251-2451 check for availability online to reserve your room today!